Palazzo del Casinò
The Palazzo del Casinò, which is located to the left of the Palazzo del Cinema, was built in 1938 in record time.
It took only 8 months to erect this imposing building with its marked rationalist stylings, influenced by the architecture of the regime. The project was by Eugenio Miozzi, Chief Engineer of the Municipality of Venice.
In the entrance hall, decorated with mirrors and curtains, the monumental staircase with three lifts opened to access the gaming halls and terraces. The Casino was then connected to the Hotel Excelsior and the Palazzo del Cinema by an underground corridor.
While the outside of the building has a rigid façade with travertine slabs, the interior is much more sparkling and precious: gaming halls, dining rooms and spaces dedicated to entertainment decorated with marble, mosaics and glass from what at the time were the most important glassworks in Murano.
Used as a Casino until the nineties – before the opening of the Ca’ Noghera on the mainland – today it is a space that hosts press services and some viewings during the Venice Film Festival.
But it is also a place where you can host conferences, events, exhibitions, and gala dinners, not only in the Sala Perla (594 seats), but also in the other four rooms and in the over 3,000 square metres of exhibition spaces.
To organise an event at the Palazzo del Casinò:
Communication, Events & MICE Department
Isola Nova del Tronchetto, 21 – 30135 Venice
+39 041 2722626